- Power I …Double Tights…Downhill running off tackle..,Fullback Screens…Gang Tackling on D and Tackles for Loss…My-My – for sure – absolutely LOVE having Michigan Football return to Stadium & Main….I cannot wait till tomorrow’s 3:30 p.m. clash – Michigan versus Northwestern. Two teams that literally mirror each other. Should be a head knocker. These next two Saturday’s for Michigan – now we are going to really find out the current status of Michigan Football in Jim Harbaugh’s initial campaign. Both at home…all for the taking!
- Can’t ever recall a Michigan Homecoming game coming up with this much anticipation in a long-long time. Past Homecomings over the recent decades have been marked by usually beating up an undermanned Minnesota or Indiana team to send the ole alums home happy. Now it’s marked by a visit from the No. 13 team in the nation – the only Top 20 match-up Saturday in the entire country. That’s the way it should be – a game with “true ramifications.”
- The demise of University of Texas Football – having a player Tweet at halftime his desire to transfer to another school … Ridiculous! Feel bad for poor Head Coach Charlie Strong – having his players quit at halftime. Look, I know the bulk of the talent of UT’s squad are freshmen and sophomores – but the way the Longhorns got blown out at TCU, to the tune of 50-7. Head scratching.
- How much of a “coaching game” College Football truly is – case in point, what Jim McElwain has done at Florida, as well as Jim Harbaugh has done at Michigan. Tell ya what – watching the Gators absolutely destroy Ole Miss last Saturday – now that got my attention. But the true test for Florida (and my amazement of the Gators) will be coming off that big win at The Swamp and heading on the road tomorrow to Mizzo. If the Gators grab a convincing win there, well, look out SEC opponents!
- One of the 540,000-plus University of Michigan living alumni actually wants the Wolverines to lose on Saturday on Homecoming. His name is Mike Hankwitz – Class of 1970 and tight end of the 1969 Big 10 Championship team. He is the Defensive Coordinator for Northwestern – as he has been since 2008 – and he is as good as it gets. Outstanding coach.
(Follow Tom Crawford on Twitter @BlueBellyTom and come visit him during his Friday remote broadcasts with Jack Ebling at The Blue Gill Grill in Haslett 3-6 p.m.)